Thursday, September 22, 2011

September 21, 2011 Elder Worton has arrived in India!!!

Dear family of Elder Worton,
President Funk and I greeted Elder Worton early (4:30 am) Wednesday morning at the airport in Bangalore.  We are so grateful that he has been called to serve in our wonderful mission.  Elder Worton is very teachable and expressed appreciation for the things he learned from his companion during our orientation and new missionary training meeting.
During our new missionary training meeting he met his companion, Elder Sampara.  Elder Worton will serve in Hyderabad in the Madinaguda 2nd Branch.  During our meeting Elder Worton bore his testimony.  He said, "Even though I don't know the culture and how things work here it doesn't matter because I will learn it.  What matters is if I have the faith so that the Lord will bless our efforts.  I love the gospel."
I have attached some pictures of Elder Worton and some information that will be helpful for families of missionaries from the United States.
Love, Sister Funk

No comments:

Post a Comment